|How To Style The Big ‘Ole Bun|
How To Style :
- Step 1 : Using a flat brush, smooth all hair into a ponytail at the very top of your head, To get proper tension on the back of your head, you may need to tip your head down to extend your neck.
- Step 2 - 3 : Backcomb the hair into a fountain-like shape, fanning the ponytail out and concentrating on the underside of all the strands. Once complete, your hair should look GIGANTIC like in photo 3.
- Step 4 : Use your flat brush to smooth the surface of the hair out GENTLY, taking care not to disrupt any of the backcombing underneath.
- Step 5 - 6 : Wrap the ‘loose ends’ of your backcombed ponytail around the bulk of the bun, smoothing and molding the shape as you work. Pin ends under/into the giant backcombed bun. The more pins, the more security.
- Step 7 : Use your fingers to detail the shape, to achieve your desired shape.
- Step 8 : Use a paste or wax of some kind to gently smooth back baby hairs and flyaways around your face and at your back hairline.
- Step 9 : Reinforce the smoothness of the ponytail by spraying and smoothing the hair TOWARD the bun and lock in the bun with hairspray. and Admire your handiwork !
Source : The Big ‘Ole Bun