|How to style a braided topknot|
How To Style :
- Step 1 : Ensure that you have textured hair and, more obviously, that it’s long enough to braid.
- Step 2 : As of step 2 you’re going to begin braiding, and you’re going to find it easier to achieve if your head is upside down – your arms won’t get as tired from the process, and you’ll find it easier to hold your hair.
- Step 3 : Starting at the nape of your neck start braiding, with the braid travelling in the direction of the top of your head.
- Step 4 : Continue braiding until you get to your forehead’s hair line.
- Step 5 : You should now have a braid that runs up the back of your head with an end that sits atop your head. If you need to you can tie the end with a hair elastic.
- Step 6 : Add in extra texture and more of a casual feeling, as desired, by gently pulling at the plait section of the braids.
- Step 7 : Grab the end of the braid that sits atop your head and twist it into a small bun / knot. Mould it into a shape as neat or messy as you like, remembering that this style works well with plenty of texture and doesn’t need to be too polished.
- Step 8 : Secure the bun / top knot in place with bobby pins selectively placed at its base.
- Step 9 : Finally, finish with some hairspray to hold the style in place.
Source : braided topknot